Polar CS400 Cycling Computer Review
Polar CS400 Heart Rate Monitor
The Polar CS400 Cycling Computer and heart rate monitor is designed for cyclists that want lots of information from their cycling workouts but don''t need a power meter.
At A Glance
- Handlebar mounted automated cycle computer for competitive riders with built-in heart rate monitor
- Computes the uphill inclination and the downhill steepness either in percentage or grades
- Polar CS400 heart monitor and cycling computer with ProTrainer 5 Software is priced at about $240
The Polar CS400 cycling computer is a median-range, bike-mounted computerized heart rate monitor. It is aesthetically appealing in shape, size and weight, can be effortlessly mounted either on the handle bar or on the stem. It is a good choice for those cyclists who intend to reach highly competitive states of physical fitness. The device helps you prepare for your ride by mapping the route, individualizing workout schedule planning with the Polar ProTrainer 5 software and an incline measurement to regulate your cycling exertion correspondingly.
The Polar CS400 cycling computer CS400 has wide and easy accessible buttons with clear read-out. The display is so clear that it can be read even while riding along. The device has an appealing look and is really eye-catching. The device is well-suited for Cyclists who are on the lookout for technology to utilize the training and strategy, to their best advantage. The Heart rate workout information is stored in the memory and can be easily downloaded using the Polar ProTrainer 5 software or can be uploaded to the Polar personal trainer website.
The Polar Precision Performance 5 Software helps in designing your workout all along each training session by strategic planning, monitoring and continuous analysis of the training routines. All these incredible features are offered by the CS400 and it also has an one of the best collections of displays in the trade and a complete user-friendly exercise routine with innumerable combinations.
The key Polar CS400 heart monitor features of Polar CS400 are:
- Fitted with a wireless ECG for appropriate heart rate transmission
- Polar OwnZone This feature helps in accessing your individual heart rate restraints for a particular workout session. The restraints may vary depending upon the time and your own physical condition. This feature helps in gathering the data from your current heart rate so as to steer you to your epitome workout zone suitable for the moment
- Polar OwnIndex A feature which tests your fitness and plans the training session accordingly.
- The Polar OwnCode feature automatically secures a code of your heart rate to be transferred into the built-in computer. The Coded heart rate transmission is then picked up thus preventing any intrusion from other like devices.
- Target zones with audio-visual alarm When you pre-define your target zones for a workout session centered on the heart rate to assist you in determining the right pace, rest is done by the automated system in the device which provides an audio-visual alarm when you are moving out of the pre-defined zone.
- Compatable with the PolarPersonalTrainer Website
- Polar Protrainer 5 software offers a much more detailed view of your training, lots of colorful graphs and is not web based
The Polar CS400 cycling computer is outfitted with an odometer, bike mount, and distance and speed measurements. A cadence sensor (optional) aids in distinguishing the settings in up to two to three bikes from a single training computer. When you wish to start training, you can pick up the bike with the accurate settings suitable for that specific training session.
Get your skin wet
Some problems may be caused by dry skin or exercising in the winter. If it''s hot enough the monitor will begin sending your pulse to the heart monitor watch once you start to sweat. If you don''t sweat a lot, some advocate licking the strap before you start exercising, squirt some water between your skin and the strap or you can use a little heart monitor gel.
Return from Polar CS400 Cycling Computer to Polar Heart Rate Monitors Reviews
|Heart Rate Monitor - Heart Monitors|
A heart rate monitor helps you learn how to optimize your workout, maximize your fitness, keep you in a safe heart zone and will keep you motivated
|Body Fat Monitor and Body Fat Analyzer|
A body fat monitor helps you learn how to lose ugly fat, not just lose weight. Learn the three major methods of determining body fat.
|Home Blood Pressure Monitors|
Home blood pressure monitors are easy to buy and invaluable in helping you to monitor your health and detect early symptoms of complicating diseases.
|VO2 Max and Lung Capacity|
VO2 max is a measurement of your lung capacity. It can help you determine your level of fitness. Workouts near your maximum heart rate improve your aerobic capacity.
|Polar Heart Rate Monitor Reviews - Polar Heart Monitors|
Polar Heart Rate Monitor reviews for most Polar fitness monitors
|Garmin Reviews for Garmin GPS Sports Equipment|
Garmin reviews for Garmin GPS enabled fitness monitors - running, cycling and swimming
|Nike Plus - Nike iPod - Nike Heart Rate Monitor|
Use Nike Plus running shoes to connect to your iPod Nano, iPod Touch or iPhone. Nike heart rate monitors also integrate with the Apple apps
|Timex Heart Rate Monitor Reviews|
Timex heart rate monitor watches are an extension of the most recognizable name in watches. Inexpensive and stylish are the main features of Timex Ironman and heart monitor watches.
|Suunto Heart Rate Monitor|
A Suunto heart rate monitor is a relatively new entry into HRM''s. However, Suunto has been a leader in sports watches producing rugged outdoor equipment for hikers, sailers and adventurers.